The SDA and partners are building a development portfolio that positions the Southland as a major global center for next-economy, inclusive growth – making the Southland the most productive place for people and firms to innovate, prosper and grow.
Our deal portfolio
The SDA takes a unique approach to assembling its development portfolio:
- Identify existing, key concentrations of assets in the Southland (e.g., industries, workforce, housing, infrastructure, innovation activities and organizational capacity)
- Strategically invest in these assets, building upon their strengths and opportunities to add greater value
- Augment these investments with supporting business, civic and government collaborations. Align and create synergies between all investments, assembling a portfolio of projects that, together, make the Southland the most productive and competitive area for industries, firms, and people in the region
This approach has resulted in a wide-ranging development portfolio, including:
- Major industrial parks and industry innovation centers that strengthen the region’s strategic clusters (such as Food Manufacturing, MM&E, TD&L)
- Sophisticated business services and finance, particularly to enable businesses owned by people of color and women to lead in major and emerging industries
- Partnering to prepare the best-qualified workforce for the region’s growing industries
- Development of the housing and retail amenities that attract and retain residents in the Southland
- Projects that build consensus among civic, private-sector and cross-sector institutions to foster inclusive economic growth
The Southland Development Authority assembles the right tools
The Authority ends the fracturing of resources, expertise, and funding that slows the region’s growth. We help transform the Southland by assembling the tools needed for scaled, inclusive economic development.
Products and services offered by the Southland Development Authority
Inclusion is a guiding principle
We focus on inclusive growth in the region, recognizing that the places that use all of their assets grow more, and more sustainably. This economic growth creates long-term value through increased productivity and participation of more people and firms, particularly those that have historically been left on the sidelines of the economy. The Authority empowers everyone to own and drive the enormous wealth creation emerging in today’s economy.
Partner with us
We provide resources. Let us know how we can help.